Tuesday, April 27, 2010

About the Start of a New Summer:

This past summer I was granted the opportunity to work in SCA. This was a novel approach to spend my summers. Before being accepted I had to go through the archaic application process. After answering every question to the best of my ability I decided to submit the application and see what would happen. I got the implication that SCA was a boring program when I heard other students condemn it. I chose to not care about what other people had thought of the program and happily awaited their decision. A few weeks passed and I thought I had been rejected. I must admit I got a little sad to think that I wasn’t good enough to be invited to be a part of the SCA. Still, I kept my hopes up and decided to email Julia, the coordinator, about my application status. Lucidly, she explained that the reason why my application was delayed was due to a missing medical form. Happiness proliferated thorough my body extremely fast and all I could say was thank you. That summer has been the best one of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment