Tuesday, April 27, 2010

About a Little Brother I Never Had:


Who is this boy you might ask?
His name might be too abstract for you to understand since its a spiritual idea. His name is Santos. He is in the seventh grade and he loves say panegyric things that brighten up my day. Just the other day he said I was a paradigm of a cool person. Now, he might be in the seventh grade and might not think that his words have any sort of impact on my because I'm a senior but they have a huge impact. The candor and honesty in the way he expresses what he feels makes me truly feel like I'm liked for being as he calls me, "A Javi." Not a single day passes that he doesn't go up and hug me. It makes me feel like a hug virtuoso because I get bombarded with more than ten hugs from him each day. I lament that I'm not his dorm captain anymore but I know things have to change. Most people have no conception as to how Chinquapin can bring you close to people that are much younger than you. I am glad that I got to experience being dorm captain it has made me realize how Chinquapin is far more than just a school, its a second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment